Help, I'm Addicted to Ribbon Signs!


In my scramble to make all things cute, I appear to have developed a full blown addiction to ribbon signs/banners (do they have a name?).  I'm no stranger to these, I used them in my room last year, but only for one or two things.  Well, in the past two days, that's right, two days I have made four of these adorable signs.  Don't worry, I have a space for each one, but I have to cut myself off here because I already have 2 in my storage cabinet at school to contend with as well.

I thought you might like to see each sign.  Who knows, you might get inspired to make one or two....or four.  Ha!

Classroom Rules:


These are my new Whole Brain Teaching (WBT) Classroom Rules.  I dabbled with WBT last year using some of the callbacks, or signals. I had a lot of success with them, so when I read more about WBT, I came across these rules and decided to give them a try.  Then, I found these amazing posters from Run!  Miss Nelson's Got the Camera. She has several colors available in her TpT shop, for free!!  The only thing I added are the brown numbers on each rule.

TIP: Becca from Simply 2nd Resources recently pointed out in a post that Chris Biffle, the guru of WBT, has stated you should never pay for WBT resources on TpT. 

My WBT callback/signal posters:

There are more signals, but I like these best and they're the ones I used last year.  I like to keep it simple.  These cute chevron signs were also free (remember, per Chris Biffle, you should never pay for WBT resources on TpT) from Stephanie at 3rd Grade Thoughts. The file contains several color choices (a little something for everyone!).

Good Listener Sign:


I always seem to get groups of students who have a difficult time listening; can any of you relate?  So, when I stumbled upon this as I stalked TpT one day, I snatched a copy.  It's a freebie from Christie at First Grade Fever.

Welcome Sign:
I am going to hang this on my classroom door for Meet and Greet, Open House, and our annual Night of the Arts. I am in love in both polka dots and chevrons, so I combined the two here to create a colorful, cheery welcome sign.  Maybe "those who enter" will feel a bit more welcome by the sheer cheeriness of the sign!  Check it out by clicking here.

While I might be addicted to ribbon signs, you have to admit they are stinkin' cute, and purposeful, and print rich (yes, I am trying to justify my addiction).  Do you have any classroom decor addictions?



Share It:

15 comments:

  1. LOL I am so addicted to ribbon signs this year too!! I love the way that they look. I think we need an interevention!! hehe
    Lisa
    Learning Is Something to Treasure

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! I'm glad I'm not alone, but they are so dang cute!! Thanks for commenting; I always appreciate it!

      Aimee

      Delete
  2. Love Love Love all of your ribbon signs. Can I add your picture of the WBT to my blog? I'm also giving away 10 and a cute new lunchbox for sharing your pics. It's a giveaway.
    http://www.missnelsonsgotthecamera.blogspot.com/2012/08/run-get-your-camera.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you!! You can definitely use the picture on your blog. After all, it does feature your wonderful signs!! Thanks again!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the look of these! I was just redoing my rules posters and now I know exactly what I want to do! Thanks! By the way, I'm probably going to jinx myself for saying this...but I *think* I can get in to my room on the 13th!

    Amy
    Krazy About Kiddos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? So jealous!! Since we have to wait a bit longer, I have to plan out each day I'm there. Needless the say, the 17th is going to be rough because I refuse to leave until EVERYTHING is up on the walls (which I've sketched out, by the way...because I'm overly organized like that).

      I'm so glad you like the rules poster! Hopefully you won't get carried away and make a million and one ribbon signs like me, ha!

      Toodles!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you! I can't wait to hang them!

      Aimee

      Delete
  6. We can't get in until the 16th - so I've been sketching out the walls too! haha

    I am a little obsessed with ribbon signs as well. I just bought a big o'pack of command hooks! Yours look so nice and evenly spaced out - what is your trick? Do you use a ruler and space them out??

    Deniece
    ThatNewCrayonSmell

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one addicted to ribbon signs!! When I space them, I pretty much just eyeball it but I think a cutting mat (those ones from the quilting section at the craft stores with the grid lines) or a ruler would work really well.

    I'm also glad to hear I'm not the only sketch artist out there-ha!

    Thanks for commenting!

    Aimee

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love 'em! Thanks for sharing!!! Dang...now I need more wide ribbon! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love these ribbon signs. What size ribbon did you use? And what did you use to attach the ribbon to the signs? Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to use the 7/8" or wider (no wider than 1 1/2"), but you can use any width that appeals to you. To attach the signs, I simply glue them in place with a hot glue gun. It's such a quick display piece to put together. Have fun making a few of your own!

      Aimee

      Delete

I'd love to hear what you have to say!